Private United Kingdom customers have certain cancellation rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (the Regulations). Paint Depot offers the following returns policy:
1. Returns of unopened items are accepted within 14 days from date of delivery with a valid proof of purchase. Excluding Designers Guild, Zoffany, Little Greene, Sanderson and Mylands paint as they are made specifically for you, so in the event you have changed your mind, we are unable to take these brands of paint back. For this reason we thoroughly recommend the process of testing sample pots in situ.
2. Any customer wishing to exercise this right must notify the vendor by writing to: Paint Depot, 21 Rutherford Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5DT (addressed to Returns Team), or by emailing: email@example.com.
3. As a further condition of the right to return, customers must also arrange (at their own expense) to return the goods in a saleable condition to the address referred to in (2) above as soon as possible. It is highly advisable to have proper insurance taken out when sending products back to Paint Depot covering the cost of the goods. If the vendor pays the return cost then this will be deducted from any refund. The goods will be deemed returned when actually received by the vendor at the said address. Please Note: It is also advisable to ensure that proper insurance is taken out when sending returns in case of damage in transit.
4. Pending the return of the goods they must be kept in good/saleable condition.
5. Customers shall be entitled to a full refund (less any charges referred to above) on full compliance with the foregoing:
1. Any goods made to customers’ specifications or clearly personalised are excluded from the right to cancel
2. Any bespoke products, manufactured specifically to order, including mixed paint and therefore non-returnable.
Where goods delivered by the vendor are received by the customer damaged, the vendor must be notified within 24 hours of delivery in order for replacement goods to be re-sent. No such claims will be accepted after the 24 hours has elapsed. All items must be examined prior to use to ensure satisfaction in all respects. Where there is any error, damage or concern, the customer must notify the vendor within 24 hours so that the issue can be rectified. No exchange or refund request can be accepted after the product has been used.